Thursday 17 May 2012

Chloe Green at Topshop


Being heir to the Arcadia fortune must be a bit like being a princess. So Chloe Green is one lucky lucky girl. Daughter of the mega-minted Sir Philip Green, CEO of the Arcadia brand, Chloe was bound to become famous in her own right sooner or later. And who can blame her?? I can't honestly say that if my dad owned Topshop I wouldn't want in on a bit of the action. Can you?

After a stint on Made in Chelsea and plenty of trips down the red carpet scattered in amongst nights out with Rihanna and La Moss, the "it girl" (are we still using that term? It seems a bit Paris Hilton circa 2002) has certainly been making a name for herself. And it seems that’s not all she's been making as today her line of shoes, ingeniously named CJG Shoes, launches in Topshop.

With prices ranging from £115 to £175 the shoes certainly aren't the cheapest out there. Plus I don't see the name having nearly as much of a draw as the Kate Moss range had back in the day. Yes Miss Green has been on TV but she's certainly no mega star! And, dare I say it, after having a browse of the collection earlier today, I can't help feeling that they're a bit cheap looking…

Channeling her famous surname she's given them all a signature green sole. Not the most glamorous of colours, but I can see what she's trying to do. However the green sole combined with sky high platforms, sequins, studding, straps, zips and cheap looking colour options just really isn't doing it for me….bizarrely actually as that list contains some of my favourite things in the world!

Anyway, have a look for yourself, what do you think of the range? Will you be splashing out on a pair of Chloe's shoes?








1 comment:

  1. Do you know, I bloody love the green glitter ones but the rest are a bit naff and, ironically, given the moolah in the Green family, I can't help but find the whole endeavour a bit cheap...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading them and they really put a smile on my face :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...