Thursday 22 March 2012

National no make up day

So apparently today is national no make up day. Have you taken part??

To be honest I didn't know the day existed until about lunchtime today, but even if the day had been marked in my diary and highlighted on my outlook calendar I still wouldn't have been partaking in this particular celebration.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound vain but I love a bit of make up...in fact I pretty much won't leave the house without some on. I know, I know so much for not sounding vain.

You see the thing is, I'm a natural red head. And although I don't have what we like to call "ginger skin" (aka really pale and scattered with freckles) I do have the palest of pale eyelashes and eyebrows. Therefore without my trusty 3 coats of black mascara I look like I'm about 6 years old. I can skip the rest of my make up routine, but without the mascara I'm not going anywhere!

Of course the problem is that once I've got the mascara out I'm as well just putting on a bit of foundation to even up my skin tone, then a bit of bronzer to brighten me up, some blusher for a bit of life...ach just give me the liquid eyeliner and the red lippy!

Ok ok I'll admit it "my name is Paula and I'm a make-up-aholic".

Did you go make up free today??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading them and they really put a smile on my face :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...